Monday, March 10, 2008

Balance

Someone requested that I post these principles on "using the little word", NO and maintaining a healthy balance, so here you go...
  1. Realize you have a unique contribution to the world.

    "Don’t do what others can do and will do when there are so many things that others cannot do and will not do". – Dawson Trotman
  2. Keep time for God, your first and vital necessity.

  3. Realize that serving God and His people will cost you something.

    So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less? 2 Cor. 12:15 (NIV)
  4. Learn to say NO and accept criticism for doing so.

  5. There will NEVER be a time when you will get it ALL done - when you will have enough time to pray as much as you think you should, witness as much, study as much...

  6. Do not confuse opportunity with responsibility. You will nearly always receive more invitations and suggestions than you can possibly accomplish.

2 comments:

Claire and Ellie's Mommy said...

Hey Bro!

Thanks for the insight! Sometimes it's easier to say "no" than dealing with the guilt that will inevitably follow for me. I have recently committed to saying "No" to a request for anything that does not deal directly with family. That way I don't feel bad that anyone is being left out. It's an Equal Opportunity No. Love you! Sis

Anonymous said...

That's a good word.