Sunday, July 29, 2007

Week 8

It's here. Week 8. The last week of summer camp. We have made the final changes, re-arranged the cabins (hopefully for the last time) and posted last minute payments. We are ready. It's good to be ready. I am looking forward to a great last week, anticipating the coming retreat season and fall. I love the fall.

I had a dream this morning about impact. What impact are you having? All of us leave a legacy of influence (leadership) on others. What's yours? In my dream, I was teaching on IMPACT and using the acrostic (and I really don't like using acrostics... so what does that mean?)
I was for intimacy - first things first - are you intimate with the Lord Jesus? M was maturing. Are you growing in your relationship with the Lord and others? P is Passion. Discover yours! What really gets you excited? What could you work on all day long regardless of compensation? A is for Action (can you hear the cheezy jiggle? Its why I don't like acrostics) Decide today to do something to make an impact. Take a small step to follow your passion, or take a large step!

This is where I woke up... so I guess I have to guess at what CT could be... if you have an idea, let me know. In thinking about it, here is one idea: C is Charity... be generous with your time and money, especially if you find something that is impacting along the lines of your passion! and T. I guess that's Thankful... be thankful that the Lord, the intimate Savior whom you are learning to love and serve, has given you a passion and a vision and a generous spirit to make an impact for Him. He has made this for you. Contentment with His plan begins with Thankfulness. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: