Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Planning

Planning - it is something I do very naturally. I almost always have a plan. I usually require others to have a plan. I have sold my wife on planning. My son is now planning. I am not comfortable without a plan. I can be flexible (I think?!) but I still work better with a plan. In my melancholy state (Yes, I think I am still there, but that's okay - I am learning to "feel" and communicate my emotions... all good stuff - maybe a later post)... Back to my melancholy state: In my melancholy state, I have been trying to figure out how to best help others with planning. I feel I haven't done a great job with communicating the benefits of planning. To me, it's obvious! But I know not all folks are like me (Is that an 'Amen' I hear from the crowd?) and that's ok. I am so convinced that people, and especially organizations, work better within the context of a plan. People should know where they are going. Leaders must know. Teammates take comfort and security from knowing the leader has a plan. Its just more fun. Today I am working on building a case for a plan. That's my plan :)

No comments: