Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, it's been a long, fun trip. But, as we all know, all good things must come to an end.

Tomorrow we are starting our long journey back home. Us kids are pretty excited to be going back home and sleeping, hanging out with our friends, and getting to see all the summer staff that are now at the ranch.

We had an amazing trip and learned so much. I'm so glad that all of you got to share this with our family. It was a special time for us. For one thing, it was our last two and a half weeks with Ryan. We dropped him off at the airport this afternoon. It was sad. But I think it's getting easier for all of us. His heart is in Slovakia and the ministry there. I think we've all accepted that, and we couldn't be happier for him. But we are going to miss him a lot.

It was also our last few weeks with Ally before she starts up summer camp. As some of you know, she's going to be a full-time summer staff. So she'll be busy pretty much all summer. And next fall she's going to be a nanny in Tulsa. I'm so excited for her!

I'm just glad we got to spend a lot of time together before they both left. It's been kind of hard for me, thinking about how I'm going to be the oldest. It's actually kind of scary. :) No, I just don't really feel ready to be a leader for the little kids. I don't know, maybe things will change by the fall. Who knows?

So, anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to those of you who have followed along with us on our American History Trip. It's been really fun reading all the comments you left!!

Oh! And be praying for us on our way home. Mom hasn't been feeling well today, so please pray for her, and for dad as well. He's been driving a lot on this trip, as you can imagine, so he's pretty tired. Also for safety, we've made it this far without any trips to the hospital!

Night!

Maddy

No comments: